SURVIVOR: AXIS POWERS HETALIA
For the Tropical Island Edition of survivor_aphthere is 1 position available for Administrative Help.
1. Open (Moderator Status)
As a neutral nation (one not appearing on the contestant roster), the Moderator would be a non-playing character who is in charge of making sure the contestants do not break the rules and guidelines. This position also includes reminding contestants of specifics during Challenges or Tasks if not adhered to, as well as furthering game play.
A Role-Play journal is not required for this position -- use of a community avatar is all that will be needed. Preferably the avatar will have the appropriate nation.
Anyone who applies for this position should please be available to speak with myself (jeffprobst) regularly to discuss storylines, challenge ideas, and anything relating to the RPG game play. MSN Messenger is a major bonus.
A 2 month paid account will be given as a gift at the end of the game run to the helpful person who can do this job.
Looking forward to meeting you!
ADMINISTRATION DEADLINE: NONE
SURVIVOR: AXIS POWERS HETALIA
It is essential that you have read over and understood the basics of this RPG format before going further, so please take a moment and click here to do so, if you have not already. =)
In this post, LiveJournal users will have the opportunity to audition to be a part of the first game play run. For a successful first run, Tribal Council has developed an audition process to select the contestants whom will best be suited for this style of RPG.
It is important to note that unlike many other Axis Powers Hetalia RPG communities currently out there, this is first and foremost a game rather than free-for-all conversation. A passive storyline will subtly guide all the players in their individual activity throughout the game play.
Also, even though the format of the RPG is based heavily on the reality show, Survivor, by no means must you choose act like any of the actual show's contestants. For all intents and purposes you are a nation-tan who has been stranded in a strange land, and must work with your tribe to escape back to civilization, in hopes of becoming the Sole Survivor.
Tribal Council will suggest obstacles with the weather, food, water, and between contestants in a non-invasive, story-telling format to provent stagnation, which will become obvious once game play begins.
Also, winning challenges won't be the only way to recieve rewards. Occasionally, the most keen players will notice special crates and useful wreckage wash up upon the Island shore... =)
RULES & CONTINUITY
For the purposes of keeping survivor_aph entertaining and understood by anyone who chooses to watch the game unfold, the following rules and conduct for role-play should be adhered to closely:
- WWII Timeline, circa 1940s era. Please, this means no ipods, cellular phones, or Shinatty-chan if possible. Extensive knowledge is not required. Small errors are absolutely ok. Modern slang where appropriate is more than accepted.
- No use of "Human Names" (Ex. Ludwig waved at Kiku and also at Vash). Country names should remain the sole titles for the characters.
- Players must have good grasp of the English language, grammar and spelling.
- Players must be available to participate first hand in at least 10 out of the 15 elimination challenges. Dedication to being a player is the main attribute being looked for.
There is currently 1 character position available for Administrative Help. This position is non-contestant. Holding the ability to be a storyline guide, this character is also a moderator for player conduct and continuity.
1. Open (Click here to Apply)
There are currently 6 character positions available for Contestant Role-Players.
All spots may be filled by any created nation-tan who has so far appeared in the main Hetalia web comic strips or anime. For a list of the exact countries allowed, see the Community Profile under the 'Interests' heading.
1. Italy (North) [1 Audition Recieved]
2. America [1 Audition Recieved]
3. Egypt [1 Audition Recieved]
4. Russia [1 Audition Recieved]
5. France [1 Audition Recieved]
6. Canada [1 Audition Recieved]
7. Lithuania [2 Auditions Recieved] [1 more Auditions available]
8. Estonia [1 Audition Recieved]
9. Liechtenstein [1 Audition Recieved]
HOW TO AUDITION
Simply highlight and copy (Right click + copy, ctrl + C) the following questions and past it into a comment. Answer the interview questions as the character you wish to play, then submit your audition. A maximum of 3 auditions will be accepted for the same character before the best suited roleplayer will be chosen.
1. Good afternoon, Nation! How was your morning? What did you do?
2. Interesting! Well, what do you plan on doing later?
3. It seems I’m the bearer of bad news. All your plans are about to change… Your transport has encountered a destructive disaster and has left you stranded in a remote land. What possessions are you immediately stricken to lose?
4. I think I’m beginning to get a better picture of you, Nation...
5. I’m curious though, is there any other Nation you hope does not outwit, outplay, and outlast you to become the Sole Survivor?
6. My last question is an easy one. What would you wish for if you wished upon a star?
7. In the space below, add anything else that describes you. Thank you for your audition!
1. How active a role-player do you plan to be?
2. Would you be willing to accept a different character position if you aren’t chosen for this one? If yes, please list which characters in preferred order.
3. Where or how did you find out about this RPG?
A customized role-play account is not needed in order to audition. Simply answer the questions in character! You may re-submit your audition at any time between now and the deadline. (Tip: Keep in mind the rules & continuity)
You will recieve a confirmation that your audition has been recieved via a Private Message (if this function is turned on), or via a comment on your journal.
All Auditions will be screened! No one else will see your audition until all cast members have been chosen. At this point your audition will become your character bio for the contestant roster.
In the event that Tribal Council does not fill the full roster of 16 characters within the allocated time, positions will be dropped and the game will be shortened to a new amount of eliminations. If an even amount of auditions occurs for more than the allotted 16 positions, extra ones will be added to the roster. =)
AUDITION DEADLINE: OCTOBER 15th, 2009
Please Apply below in a Comment
An online role-playing game based on the formula
of the hit television reality competition series; Survivor
Inspired by the "We're Shipwrecked!" and "We're Shipwrecked, too!" comic strips by Himaruya Hidekaz from the popular manga & anime, Axis Powers Hetalia. This RPG was created to explore this highly entertaining storyline.
16 castaways are forced to work together to survive against the elements... and each other! At the end, only ONE, the Sole Survivor, will claim the grand prize.
You don't have to have watched the Survivor series to play this game! The general structure will be similar, but not everything will be be included, and some new ideas will appear as well. =)
- Players will be randomly split into 2 tribes; Tribe One, and Tribe Two (Click here to Audition)
- Opening Ceremonies - Players give their introductory posts and meet the other contestants.
- There will be approximately 15 issued elimination challenges over the course of the game play.
- There will be 3 immunity challenges issued. Immunity will be chosen by the Tribal Council Host ( jeffprobst)
- Challenges will occur over the span of approximately a week (sometimes shorter, sometimes longer) to allow each tribe time to strategize and execute their plan with as many of the members as possible.
- Each contestant will begin with a special ability or item (ex. America's super strength or Japan's katana) which will be expected to be of primary use to complete at least 1 challenge but no more than 3 challenges.
- A Tribal Council Ceremony will be held at the end of each challenge to determine the winning tribe.
- The winning tribe will be given an important survival item, which will aid them in the their quest to return to civilization.
RULES & GUIDELINES
In order for survivor_aphto run smoothly, please read and follow these rules closely. Rules may be subject to change as unforseen circumstances arise, so when in doubt, please don't hesitate to contact Tribal Council.
- Stay IN CHARACTER as much as possible. Do as your character would do.
- No God-Modding of abilities - tribes are meant to complete tasks together.
- Romance is not forbidden, but keep in mind one day you may find yourself or your special other eliminated...
- During game play, contestants may find themselves confined to certain areas of The Island before being able to progress further. Posts must reflect and respect these location barriers/limitations.
- Any violence or harrassment between contestants which occurs outside of challenges, if caught, will result in elimination.
- Voting must always be done via your LJ role-play account to ensure no foul play.
- No conspiring in the voting process.
The Sole Survivor of Survivor: APH will recieve a 1 year paid account from LiveJournal (alternatively two 3-month subscriptions to DeviantART, or something of similar/equal monetary value). Depending on the success of the RPG, bigger and better prizes may be added into the pot!
At the end of each issued elimination challenge over the course of the game run, 1 player from the losing team will be eliminated.
Each member of the losing team will vote to eliminate a player via screened posts to the Tribal Council, which will remain anonymous. If the vote is conclusive, the eliminated player will lose their ability to post to the community, and therefore become a part of the audience.
The hope is to have many future 'seasons' of Survivor: APH with potentially different contestants each time.
Make sense? Up to the challenge?
Then come on in, guys!